Dr. David Binder, DDS
A Diplomat of the Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and one of New York City's experts on treatments for sleep apnea and snoring, Dr. Binder has over 20 years of experience treating sleep apnea. Dr. Binder also lectures on snoring and sleep apnea treatment.
Dr. Binder completed his undergraduate education at Washington University before receiving his dental degree from New York University College of Dentistry. His post-doctoral training included a residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx Municipal Hospital.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Binder maintains memberships in several professional societies, including:
- Diplomat, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
- Charter - American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- Dental Society State of New York
- Fellow - New York Academy of Dentistry
- Implant Interface Study Group
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
Dr. Binder’s hospital associations include:
Dr. Rebecca Binder, DDS
Dr. Rebecca Binder is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. She completed her undergraduate education at the University of Rochester and then received her DDS from the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Rebecca Binder’s post-doctoral training was completed at New York Presbyterian Weill-Cornell, which included a seven week rotation at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
During her time at the University at Buffalo, Dr. Binder integrated an Oral Appliance Therapy for OSA elective course into the pre-doctoral curriculum. Now dental students will have an opportunity to learn about this evolving field in dentistry.
Dr. Rebecca Binder is an attending faculty at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center where she is teaching the general and pediatric dental residents the topic of Dental Sleep Medicine for both the adult and pediatric population.
In addition to cosmetic, restorative, pediatric dentistry, and Invisalign orthodontics, her practice focuses on the treatment of adult and pediatric sleep related breathing disorders. Dr. Binder is a founder member of Airway Sleep and Pediatrics (ASAP), which promotes airway health and proper craniofacial development in children. She believes that early airway diagnosis is crucial to treat and also prevent sleep related breathing disorders. She has pursued additional training in pediatric dentistry, early orthodontics, and myofunctional therapy.
Memberships and hospital associations:
- Diplomat of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- Founder member, Airway Sleep and Pediatrics (ASAP)
- United States Dental Institute (USDI)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Attending, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New York State Dental Association (NYSDA)
- New York County Dental Society (NYCDS)
Community service and volunteer teaching
- Attending faculty at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Binder has a gentle touch, is dedicated to her patients, and committed to lifelong learning and research.