Insomnia is a common sleep disorder where one is unable to get the proper amount of sleep needed to wake up well rested.
Insomnia is a symptom of a sleep disorder and not a cause. Insomnia can be a symptom of Obstructed Sleep Apnea (OSA), however other causes include fear, stress, anxiety, medications, herbs and caffeine. Insomnia that is intermittent throughout the sleep period may be related to OSA and can be triggered by gasping for air.
Insomnia problems increase with age. Insomnia affects about 40 percent of women and 30 percent of men. Finding the underlying cause of insomnia is usually necessary to cure it. A Polysomnography (sleep study) can provide you with an accurate diagnosis for your sleep disorder and a treatment plan to help get your life back to normal.
Signs and symptoms of Apnea related Insomnia include:
- Difficulty getting back to sleep after waking during the night,
- Waking up frequently throughout the night,
- Taking sleeping aids and medication to sleep through the night,
- Sleepiness or drowsiness throughout the day,
- General low energy,
- Anxiety, stress and depression.
Choose Dental Sleep Apnea New York. Call for your consultation today!